The best way to save money on auto insurance in Massachusetts is by driving safely, maintaining a clean driving record, and by paying your auto insurance premiums.
Unfortunately, accidents happen and that is why, ultimately, we carry auto insurance.
In Massachusetts there are 20 Standards of Fault that are used when determining fault in auto accident.
- Collision with a lawfully or an unlawfully parked vehicle
- Rear end collision
- Out of lane collision
- Failure to signal
- Failure to proceed with due caution from a traffic control signal or sign
- Collision on wrong side of road
- Operating in the wrong direction
- Collision at an uncontrolled intersection
- Collision while in the process of backing up
- Collision while making a left turn or a U-turn across the travel path of a vehicle travelling in the same or opposite direction
- Leaving or exiting from a parked position, a parking lot, an alley or driveway
- Opened or opening vehicle door(s)
- Single-vehicle collision
- Failure to obey the rules and regulations for driving
- Unattended vehicle collision
- Collision while merging onto a highway or into a rotary
- Non-contact operator causing collision
- Failure to yield the right of way to emergency vehicles when required by law
- Collision at a “T” intersection (you entered from a side road)
For more information regarding Massachusetts automobile insurance, utilize us at MassQuotes. You can also contact the Massachusetts Division of Insurance Consumer Hotline at 617-521-7777 ir visit their website at: www.mass.gov/doi. For more information regarding your driving record, call the Massachusetts Merit Rating Board at 617-351-4400 or visit their website at www.mass.gov/mrb.