If you’re looking for a Massachusetts auto, home, or term life insurance quote, you’ve come to the right place.
Massquotes utilizes the power of the independent agent and shops with the best companies, for the best rates, with the best discount programs.
Call, or click us today!
In an attempt to de-mystify the annual, pesky excise tax we offer the following excise tax information:
Excise bills are prepared by the RMV according to information on the registration. They are sent to city/town assessors who commit them to local tax collectors for distribution.
The excise tax rate is $25 per $1,000 of valuation (NADA) subject to the following percentage formula:
In the model year: 90%; second year: 60%; third year: 40%; fourth year: 25%; fifth year & beyond: 10%.
If you have turned in your plates on the vehicle you are getting excise taxed on, or if you have transferred plates and got rid of the vehicle, you may be eligible for abatement . Abatement instructions are located on your excise tax bill.
There are 3 ways to purchase auto insurance in Massachusetts.
1) Buy direct through a captive insurance agent.
2) Buy direct through a telephone service representative or online
3) Buy through an independent insurance agent.
Some will suggest, “it doesn’t matter where you buy insurance, it’s all about price.”
True, price is important. More important, however, is what coverage and services are you buying for that price?
Some of the advantages of buying through an independent Massachusetts insurance agent:
- Your independent agent works for you as advocate at claim time, or if you have a billing question.
- Your independent agent writes with numerous companies. This allows them to find you the lowest premium and best insurance program.
- Your independent agent is not beholden to any one company; thus, you don’t need to change agents as your insurance and service needs change.
- Your independent agent is your personal insurance consultant, working with you as you determine your needs.
- Your independent agent offers “one-stop” shopping for a full range of products including: home, renters, condo, auto, business, life and health insurance.
- Your independent agent treats you like a person, not just another number.
- Your independent agent will assist you with the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Your independent agent will save you money!
Massquotes.com utilizes the power of the Massachusetts independent insurance agent.
Call or click us today for your free MA insurance quote.
Welcome to Massquotes.
By utilizing the power of the MA Independent Insurance Agent Massquotes shops for your Massachusetts auto, home & life insurance needs.
Submit a quote request and we will send you a free Massachusetts insurance quote.