This Christmas season be fire smart.
Following please find some of our Christmas Tree Safety Tips:
- Choose a tree with fresh, geen needles that do not fall off when touched.
- Place tree at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents, space heaters, or lights.
- Make sure tree is not blocking an exit.
- Be sure to add water daily to the tree stand.
- Use lights that have the label of a testing laboratory. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use.
- Replace any lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulbs.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree.
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.