1.) Drive Safetly!
First and foremost, Massachusetts credits good drivers! The best automobile drivers in Massachusetts get the best rates. If you have been licensed over 6 years and have had no moving violations (speeding tickets etc), no at-fault accidents, no revocations or suspensions then you are a 99 driver (Class 10). The next best drivers are the 98.
Points are given out for moving violations and at-faults accidents. 0 points for a first moving violation (although you lose your credit points – so, in fact you lose two “credits”), two points for each consecutive violation. A “minor” at-fault accident (less than $2,000 combined damage) is a 3 point surcharge and a “major” accident is 4 points. Contact us at MassQuotes if you would like us to review your driving record.
The number one killer of teens is automobile accidents.
Many companies offer an Advanced Driver Training discount, one company in particular (Safety Insurance) supplements the cost of the class. Instead of paying the standard rate of $299, Safety Insurance clients pay only $75.
In addition, clients receive a 5% discount on their auto insurance (Safe Roads Alliance).
Call, click, or stop by to find out more about Advanced Driver Training and other Massachusetts auto insurance discount programs.
Some of the traditional Massachusetts automobile insurance discounts:
Age 65 or Older – A 25% discount for all coverage items will be applied after all other discounts and rating factors, but prior to the application of the SDIP rating step.
Passive Restraint discount– A 25% discount applied to the premium paid for Parts 2,3,6 and 12 is available if your auto is equipped with an air bag or automatic seat belts.
Annual Mileage discounts – A 10% discount applied to the premium paid for Parts 1-8 and Part 12 is available if your estimated annual mileage falls between 0 and 5,000 miles. A 5% discount is available if your estimated annual mileage falls between 5,000 and 7,500 miles.
Anti-theft discounts – Up to 35% of the premium paid for Part 9 (Comprehensive) are available for automobiles with various types of qualifying anti-theft devices. Many glass companies offer complimentary “window etching” which will qualify you for a 15% anti-theft discount, in lieu of any other device.
Multi-Car discounts – Available if an individual or married couple own two or more autos insured by the same company and there are no inexperienced operators.
Driver’s Education discount – A 10% discount applied to the premium for Parts 1,2,4,5, and 7 is available for the first 3 years after an inexperienced driver has completed an approved training course.
Public Transit discount – A 10% public transit discount is applied to the premium paid for Parts 4 and 7 (up to a maximum of $75 per eligible vehicles). This discount is available if you provide your insurer with evidence of purchase of 11 months of commuter passes from qualified transit systems and if you do not drive your auto to work or school more than 10 days per month.
In addition, other Massachusetts auto insurance discounts may include:
- Account discount on your auto if you have a home, apartment or condominium policy with the same company.
- Excellent driver & excellent driver plus discounts (99 & 98 drivers).
- Pay in full discounts.
- Hybrid vehicle discount.
- Advanced driver training discount.
- Alumni & professional group discounts.
- Good student discount (“B”or better).
- Student away at school discount.
- Multi-vehicle policy & multi-car discounts.
Why a Massachusetts Independent Insurance Agent?
Some people think it doesn’t really matter where they buy their Massachusetts insurance. This misconception is most likely costing them money, service, and protection.
Buying a Massachusetts insurance policy isn’t like buying bread or milk. Insurance is an important safety net for your family, your home, your car and your business.
Don’t treat your purchase lightly!
There are three sources to go to for your Massachusetts insurance protection:
- Captive Agents, who sell insurance for only one company.
- Direct writers & telephone representatives, who can offer you the insurance of one company, and only on the internet & telephone.
- Independent MA Insurance Agents, who represent an average of eight insurance companies, and shop to find you the best combination coverage and price.
Your Massachusetts Independent Insurance Agent:
- Is a licensed professional with strong customer and community ties.
- Gives you excellent service and competitive prices because your agent can access the insurance coverage from more than one company.
- Unlike other agents, your Independent Insurance agent is not beholden to any one company; thus, you don’t need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
- Assists you when you have a claim.
- Is your consultant, working with you as you determine your needs.
- Offers you a choice of Massachusetts insurance plans and programs.
- Is a value hunter who looks after your pocketbook in finding the best combination of price, coverage and service.
- Offers one-stop shopping for a full range of products – Massachusetts home insurance, renters, Massachusetts car insurance, business, lifeand health.
- Can periodically help you review your coverage to keep up with your changing insurance needs.
- Treats you like a person, not just another number.
- Customer satisfaction is the key to a Massachusetts independent agent’s livelihood. So, serving you is a very important concern.
There Is A Difference between Massachusetts Independent Insurance Agents and Captive Agents.
Call or click us at Massquotes to get your free MA insurance quote.